
Friday night, in honor of the Olympic ceremonies, we had a "Chinese" meal. We made the cabbage with ramen salad full with peppers and chicken and nuts and anything else that sounded good from the garden. The kids did pretty well at trying something new, and they all loved sliced tomatoes. One night, Jeff bit into one like an apple and Mabel and our Benjamin asked if they could do the same thing. Originally, we thought we'd have the kids stay up to see some of the opening ceremonies, but it was late and we were all tired, so they had to see some the following day.

They came up with their own games with the parchute outside, something with balls, and everyones shoes, and trying to keep them all on or off? I'm not sure, but it seemed like fun.

We'd gone swimming earlier in the day, and come home for some quiet time. Jeff and I were trying to figure out dinner, and decided we were too tired to make something at the moment. So, we headed over to Oval Park, that is finally open again, (Yeah!) and Jeff picked up some Little Ceasar's pizza.

Grace loved going up and down the slide, and got a great due in the process, good form goose :)

This "ship" was the most popular feature of the park by far. It rocks back and forth like a ship at sea, and all the kids in the park were drawn to it.
It's been fun to have a play day all weekend, but I think I'm going to maybe go to bed early tonight, and sleep in tomorrow. I'm beginning to understand why my mom didn't make it through movies very often growing up. Something about being tired . . . new appreciation mom.
1 comment:
Yes, but did you eat with chopsticks? :)
Post a Comment