Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Fauna (and Flora) of the Fort Fisher Aquarium


As part of our trip to the coast we stopped at the Fort Fisher Aquarium. Being a member of the National Zoo has paid off quite well, and this was one of the things we could get into for free. I think we have paid off that membership now. Anyway, while we were there we saw a lot of different animals, which are shown here. I don't know all of the names, but the picture with Benjamin had catfish, I am playing with a mollusk, and Lily was posing not so much with the fish in the tank but with the....water lilies. It was fun to see all the animals, the turtles, the puffer fish, the jellyfish, and even the alligators. The best, for me, was the huge lobster, which I thought would be an awesome anniversary dinner. Unfortunately, the aquarium wouldn't give it to me, apparently the prescribe to PETA rather than PETA. Oh well, there loss.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: