Sunday, August 17, 2008

Jeffery Picked a Peck of Pickled Peppers

I like hot peppers. They are one of my favorite things (I also know that I have said that a lot in my blog posts, one day I will make a list of my favorite things). Kathleen puts up with my love of capsaicin, she lets me grow them and cook with them, although she has asked me to temper the shear amount that I add. Well, this year we have had quite a crop of these hot guys. Here is my jar of pickled peppers: Serranos, bananas, habaneros, and jalapeƱos. Anyway, I love them, and look forward to (as the kids say) "burning up my mouth" when I eat them.

2 comments:

Jenny Bay said...

Today we made spanish rice and we didn't have bell peppers so we added a jalapeno pepper. It was wonderful and Jenny and Grandma even liked it too. My mouth was on fire because I ate a piece raw but mixed in the whole mix it was not too bad I am told. They missed out on fire mouth.

-Jonathan

Jessica said...

Yum! What do you pickle peppers in? Is it the same sort of brine as cucumbers?