Saturday, August 30, 2008

First days . . .

Monday, the 25th of September, Benjamin ventured off to school again, excited for a new teacher, and the chance to have a few of his old friends in his class. It's hard to believe that he's in Second Grade!
I took the camera with me into his class, which I had to actually talk myself into doing, and got a picture of him at his desk in the middle there. His teacher, is his new favorite and she's in the forefront. I think I embarrassed her a little with the camera, but she seems really nice and when we met at the open house, I said who I was, and she directly went to Benjamin and said hello, and new who he was. We're excited for a new year!
Lily had an open house on Monday, but her first day was on Tuesday, and she was SO ready! She just looks so grown up, and I thought I would be fine, I've done this before. But, I think it's hard every time, or maybe more so as you realize that once school has them, they are officially on their way to graduation and moving on! Okay, so I'm getting ahead of myself just a little bit.
When we got to school, she told her Daddy that he didn't have to come in, she'd be all right, but we all decided that we would go in and see her off to her first big day. I don't know if you can tell, but her back-pack is almost bigger that she is! When she got home from school on the bus, which she and her big brother both love, she told us everything that happened. Apparently, she took a nap and was awakened to bad news, that they wouldn't be having recess outside because of the rain. Also, on the ride home, there was another child who was having a hard time, so Lily sat next to them and tried to comfort them. I thought her stories were very sweet, and fun to hear in such great detail. Love you Lil and Bud!

No comments: