Sunday, August 03, 2008

More Garden Stuff

Kathleen usually puts these pictures up, but I decided to do these ones this time. These are three of the plants growing in the garden:

We are starting to get tomatillos, all of our friends plants are growing great, but ours are just starting to put on fruit. Kathleen pointed out that they look a lot like Chinese paper lanterns. I agree, although I would rather eat this than a Chinese paper lantern.
Here is our prize butternut squash. I love how it is growing up the fence. It is so cool, I hope that the spaghetti squash turn out too.

Finally, we had a whole patch of okra that some animal got into and ate up pretty bad. But, it looks like it has started to rebound and we found the first flower which is the precursor of getting the fruit. I am hoping for a lot so that we can make some good gumbo.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Scott said...

We love butternut squash soup. We have one growing as well. Jealous of your gardening skills.