Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Authentic Bennet Place
One of our favorite stops at the Bennet place, was this family's display. They were all dressed to the part, but I was really impressed by the women in the heat. I asked if I could take a picture, if that was appropriate, and was told that it was fine, and then asked more about what they were wearing. Apparently, the mom wasn't wearing as many layers as many of the women of the time period would have worn, but illustrated "very scandalously" as she put it, what all goes into the get-up. She said it only took twenty minutes to get ready, but given the southern heat and humidity at times, I can see why faintings happened. At the same exhibit, there were old-fashioned toys that we all enjoyed. I think we could have stayed there the whole day, if there was some shade.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment