Our ward had a talent show (enter spring sing) this last week. It went really good, our ward is very talented. I had fun seeing all of the acts, hearing all the great songs, and getting a kick out of the funny things that the people do. Kathleen clogged with the other young women leaders ( I didn't get a picture because I was
enthralled with the dancing, so if anyone has one send it my way), and then as Kathleen played the violin the kids and I sang "Oh I had a little
Chicky", a
Tessem family staple. Here are some of the pictures from the event, including two of my pictures that I brought and showed in the picture part of the talent show (these pictures are from my latest paper that was published in the journal Diabetes and can be found here:
http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/cgi/search?sortspec=relevance&author1=tessem&fulltext=&pubdate_year=&volume=&firstpage= ).
Grace, Lily and I listening to some of the great music.
A collage of the events at the spring sing, from top (left to right): The
Draughn and
Rangnow Band, Amy
Whitlock reading poetry, Brother Day and Cox doing a random act of talent as they jump on one foot while saying the pledge of allegiance, the R.S. magic act, Some of the beautiful paintings that were on show, the Alder boys playing music, the fans showing their devotion to a wonderful song, our Missionaries doing a great job at Book of Mormon Stories, and pretty darn cool air guitar (and air piano) band.
My first entry, mouse
DKO islet with insulin in blue,
glucagon in red, and amylase in green.
My second entry, mouse pancreas with macrophage infiltration: insulin in blue and MMP-9 in red.
No comments:
Post a Comment