Sunday, April 06, 2008

Toothless Wonder!

On Saturday April 5, 2008, Benjamin entered the world of toothless elementary school children. Early in the day, he had been very preoccupied with his loose tooth, wondering how to deal with it's awkwardness, trying to eat carefully so as not to bother it, and still having all the discomfort in his mouth making him a little miserable. I told him that he should play with it as much as possible. To which he responded, "Really? I thought you didn't want me to play with it." Once given the go-ahead, he felt free to wiggle that tooth to his hearts content. Then, abruptly during dinner he made a strange noise and had a funny look on his face. I looked over and he had his tooth in his hands. He thought it was odd when I wanted to take a picture, and said, "Mom, I don't know what the big deal is, there's just a lot of blood." With that slight head tilt and you're-oh-so-silly-mom look. He kind of got the coolness of it though when he awoke to look for his tooth and found something left by the tooth fairy. Our little boy is getting so big!

2 comments:

Jeffery Tessem said...

Good job buddy, I love you!

Jessica said...

Way to go Benjamin!