Saturday, April 05, 2008

Lily's Day

Lily woke up before 7:00 am, very excited to know that she was officially 5 years old, and would be going to Kindergarten within the year. She was also very excited to open presents with brother and sister, how exciting Lily!
In the evening, the weather coopereated, and we were able to have a get-together in the back yard. These were some of Grace's friends. They just looked like they were having their own little party, and were so cute. Thanks Iris, and Eddy for joining the fun ;).
The little people, and some of the big joined in a fun egg relay. (They were the plastic kind, but had fabric white and yolk inside) . . . anyway. . . there were two teams, who took turns going back and forth until everyone had a turn. Until . . .
Lily wasn't winning, but hey, it was her birthday, so she could cry if she wanted, right? ;) I think it ended up being a draw if my memory serves me correctly, and the important thing was having fun and being with good friends, right?
Lily specifically requested Strawberry shortcake, so we made some poppyseed bread, minus the poppyseeds, and cut up strawberries and added the whipped topping. I've never put candles on whipped topping before, it held it pretty well actually, and I think it tasted good, so, anyway. Thanks to all who came and helped make her day special!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I hate to correct you on such a great blog post (who am I kidding? I love correcting people!)... anyway, I believe Mabel's team won, hands down!

It was fun, though. Thanks for inviting us. I hope the clean up wasn't too bad, since we ditched early.

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Lilly! Looks like it was a fun party!