While Kathleen and Martha stayed and talked at the foot of the mountain, the rest of us went for a quick walk to the mountain. The kids had fun climbing on the boulders, while I watched from the bottom. I had Grace on my back, so I wasn't able to really get up into the rocks, but I got this picture of the kids:
Sunday, June 08, 2008
The Stone Mountain
We went on a third hike during the camp out, this one was to the real Stone Mountain. There was a cool homestead that was neat to see, with all the buildings and farming materials that the family would have needed to survive. It was quite an impressive place. The beautiful mountain in the background reminded me of a mountain that I saw daily on my mission in an area that I served three times in. I always thought that a temple would look great right on top of it....same goes for this mountain.
I just really like the mountain, how cool it would be to live underneath it! Benjamin asked what I thought it would look like during a rain storm with the water all coming down it. I think it would look beautiful.
While Kathleen and Martha stayed and talked at the foot of the mountain, the rest of us went for a quick walk to the mountain. The kids had fun climbing on the boulders, while I watched from the bottom. I had Grace on my back, so I wasn't able to really get up into the rocks, but I got this picture of the kids:
Finally, this picture shows the view straight up the mountain. Pretty impressive. There was a spot for rock climbing, I suppose it would have been an amazing experience to climb the face of this mountain.

While Kathleen and Martha stayed and talked at the foot of the mountain, the rest of us went for a quick walk to the mountain. The kids had fun climbing on the boulders, while I watched from the bottom. I had Grace on my back, so I wasn't able to really get up into the rocks, but I got this picture of the kids:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment