Sunday, June 08, 2008

Final Repairs . . .

When we got back from the final hike, Benjamin's bandage was coming off and we were debating weather or not we should just head home and make sure that his chin was all right. Luckily, there was a troop of cub scouts who are always prepared sharing our group campsite. One of the leaders happened to be an EMT with durmabond, and after Benjamin was very brave one more time in allowing Dr. Turley to clean his wound again, I got to help apply the dermabond. I think I'm generally pretty good around wounds, but I've come to realize that when it's your child, all bets are off. I would really prefer that my children remain unharmed, without broken bones or large gashes in their skin. A mom can always hope right? Thanks to all those who were so prepared and ready to help in our "crisis." That's a smiley face on Benjamin's chin. It covered perfectly the cut that stretches from one side of the yellow to the next. Way to go Bud!

No comments: