Friday night, we decided to jump in the car, and drive about forty minutes north to Henderson to check out the "local" drive-in. If we were able to stay awake, we could see "Kung-fu Panda" followed by "Indiana Jones and the Chrystal Skull" and then "Leather Heads." But first, there were some fireworks, and announcements about the 75 years of drive-ins being celebrated. The children got a kick out of the panda movie, and the Indiana Jones movie was kind of fun. I enjoyed seeing the stars, and the night air when the smoke from the car next to us wasn't heading our way. All in all, it was kind of fun, if for nothing more than a trip down memorie lane when we used to climb into my parents car and head over to Parma to catch a couple films as a family. We took off after the second film just after one in the morning, not thinking we could stick it out until three. Oh well, maybe next time. . .
4 comments:
I have some awesome memories of going to the drive-thru with my family, so glad your kids will get the same experience!
I am so jealous! I second Scott's memories, the chocolate ice cream in yogurt containers was the best. Thanks for sharing such a fun experience with us.
Oh man, I love the drive thru! I'm w/ Mel--so jealous! Benjamin looks so excited; so cute.
(And by drive thru, I meant drive-in.)
Post a Comment