BL-R: Janae, Emily, April, Elise, Mariah, Me, Cami
ML-R: Nicole, Clarissa, Hannah, Katie
FL-R: Montana, Lizzy, Gabby, Natalia, Laurel
The theme for camp this year was "Let us be builders" and focused on how we can all continually build our foundations so that we are strong in the Church. The whole week was focused on helping the girls find ways of doing just that, as well as activities focused on just letting us all become closer and have fun together. I was really impressed with Leah Rubow's repoire with the girls, and how much all the girls loved the stake leaders. There were pranks at night, but I don't think any were mean, just fun. Including kidnapping the mascott affectionately named, "C to the O-N-E" Yes, it was a signed construction cone. The girls did their certification, and hikes, and had free time where we went swimming in the lake just below our camping area. I think my favorite part was doing silly songs at meal time when we were all together. Although, the first time it happened, I had my elbows on the table at lunch and the girls sang, "Get your elbows off the table Sister Tessem, . . . We've seen you do it twice and it wasn't very nice, get your elbows off the table Sister Tessem." Then I had to stand up and tried leading them all in "How 'bout them sticka picka's, Yee Haw!" I have to admit, I was a little embarraced, but it was a lot of fun. The girls learned "Three, Snaggle-toothe Buzzards," "Akidoso," "I'm peanut-butter, and you are Jelly," and bits of an oreo song. It was fun to try and get the girls all involved, and there was a first year from another ward that did a wrap with everyone providing the beat to "Mary had a little Lamb."
Skit night, Laurel was "Bev the Builder" who wanted to make a fort but didn't know how. The rest of the girls were the tools, and worked together to make a wonderful fort. Gabby was the narrator, and would say a line like, "Bev wanted to make a fort" and then Laurel would say, "I think I'm going to make a fort." "Bev needed to get some tools," Laurel: "I think I'll go and get some tools," You get the idea. I thought it was very cute and well done girls!
I loved it when the girls got the hang of things, and did the songs on their own, and really got into role call. The testimony meeting was very nice too, with a bat that was swooping down to get bugs, and fireflies (fairies) blinking in the background. We also got to go tubing behind a boat, and it was fun to watch the girls, and fun for Cami and I to go out, too. I did catch a little air on a fall, totally worth it. When else do you get to be so silly and care-free than at girls' camp? Thanks to all who made it possible to go, by watching children, and helping us out. Thanks Cami for letting me be your side-kick in crime ;) , and thanks to the girls for being you, and for letting me be a part of your memories. Oh, and sorry there's not more pictures of different people, I didn't bring my camera out a ton, because I just wanted to be doing, so anyway . . .
Love ya,
Sister Tessem
3 comments:
I've never had a better sidekick! Thanks for the good times!!!
Oh man! These pics look like so much fun! I loved girls camp! I'll bet you were an awesome leader.
You guys are ALWAYS busy! I hadn't checked your blog in a while and look - my goodness. I'm sure you were a great leader and it looks like you had a ton of fun!
Post a Comment