
In true "us" style, Jeff and I worked hard on Christmas day to make our Norwegican Dinner. Typically, we have this Christmas Eve, but we did it Christmas day this year, and I didn't realize how much a part of making it Christmas cooking all this yummy food really does! I really enjoy cooking with my Jeffery. Okay, okay, I'll get back on track. Jeff grew up having a very Norwegian Christmas Eve dinner, being that he's Norwegian. I know I'm not Norwegian by birth, but my children are, and I think technically I am by marriage? Anyway, we kind of meld Norwegian, and American/Boster family traditional cooking to come up with our meal. This year, we had crock-pot chicken, meat balls (Jeff needs to put in what these are called in Norwegian with the pronunciation, it will make you feel like you're being a little bit notty:), split peas the consistency of Mashed potatoes (again, I need a Jeff word here), cranberry sauce, rolls, boiled potatoes, sweet potato casserole, blackened green beans (on purpose, I love them like this!) and the traditional Egg Nog. Needless to say, we had more than our little family could eat, but it was tons of fun to make, and eat, and have for left-overs later.

Props to Jeffery, these were totally awesome, just looking at them makes me want some for dinner, and we all had to try a few before actually sitting down to dinner, just one or two or four . . .

Did I mention they were really, really good?

Look, we're all in the picture, well almost all, Grace wasn't quite awake when this picture was taken. Jeff put it on timer, and the first two takes that we got to stand and wait for didn't have a certain Lily in them, so I picked her up on the third. So fun, especially when you know you get to torment them a little bit! ;)

Dinner is served, hungry anyone? Sorry, no more leftovers, it's taken me a long time playing catch-up, so you'll just have to imagine the yummy flavors and combinations of wonderful cullinary delights on your palate, without being able to satisfy the craving. Trust me, good stuff!
4 comments:
Oh YUM!! That looks sooo good. We're so spoiled to still live here so Atle makes our Norwegian dinner for us. :) And yes Kathleen, I think that all of us in-laws are Norwegian by marraige!
WOW!!! That looks FANTASTIC!!! Feel free to invite us over next time if, you know, you don't think you can eat it all yourself. :)
YOU GUYS DID AWESOME!!!
We'll have to do that Lindsay, that sounds like lots of fun, and there was plenty to go around! ;)
Post a Comment