For Kathleen's birthday, the children and I have a tradition of making her breakfast and bringing it to her in bed. Kathleen has a tradition of then asking if she can eat it at the table with the rest of us (since if she doesn't then she gets to feed the three "little birds" in our bed). So, the kids and I got up the day before her birthday (we decided to bring it to her on the 19th, since breakfast in bed on an airplane is a difficult combination) and made her pancakes. We took a page out of Elmo's diner, and made her banana, chocolate chip, butterscotch, coconut, and unleaded pancakes to go along with the hash browns and the egg. We got to sing our Happy Birthday song to her, and give her our presents. Bestemor and Bestefar gave her the plaque in the middle-fitting I think-Live, Laugh, Love (it sounds like Kathleen). The kids and I found her assorted chocolates, some clothes-and my all time favorite-a little miss trouble T-shirt. Happy Birthday Kathleen, we love you!


2 comments:
Those are some wicked pancakes!! I want to come to your house on my birthday!
Come on over Jessica, we'd love to make you breakfast "in bed" and make you laugh too ;)
Post a Comment