Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Inauguration Day

One of the interesting things about flying on the 20th of January, was that we were going to miss the inauguration of President Barack Obama. I was pleasantly surprised when the inauguration was being broadcast as an option to assist on the airplane. I thought it was really impressive. It was amazing to see all of the people who were together viewing the event in D.C., and to be part of a few that were watching the event from thousands of feet above the ground.


I was very impressed by the words that were said, as well as by the music that was performed. It was a very moving and historic event, and I was extremely grateful to be able to watch it. It was also wonderful to hear (after landing) that my Mother had watched the inauguration with our children at home-letting them see something so historic and important. Kathleen and I have had the conversation frequently with our children, that regardless of our political beliefs, he is our president now and deserves our respect and needs our support and prayers.

Finally, I thought this picture was really cool. As you can see, many of the personal seat screens were tuned into the inauguration. It was also cool to hear the applause after the oath was taken (or at least sort of taken). Anyway, like all Americans-I hope that President Obama does a great job and is honorable to himself, the country, and God.



1 comment:

Scott said...

Thats so cool that they should it on the flight.