Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday my Kathleen Dear.

Today is my Kathleen's birthday. I am grateful to spend it with her. I have been able to spend a few with her. Kathleen is my favorite person, she is such a dynamic individual. There are so many things that she is good at. The following collage (besides having some drop dead gorgeous pictures of her) shows just a few of the things that she is talented at. I just wanted to show some old pictures of Kathleen:


These are a selection of her pictures from when she was a volleyball player, basketball player, cow raiser, trumpeter, homecoming debutant, beautiful little girl, violinist, and otherwise amazingly gorgeous young woman. You may ask how I got lucky enough to marry her. I ask myself that daily. My short answer is stratagem. She has always been able to beat me soundly in basketball and volleyball, she can out milk me on the cows, out dance me on the flour, and out play me on the trumpet. And I love every minute of it.
These are pictures of Kathleen in college, at least from the time that we met at Campus Plaza (we both gained a testimony of home teaching in BYU singles wards). As you can see, she had some fun times. From taping saran-wrap to the door of some unsuspecting people (this was done to fill it with clothes from the D.I. box-she may say it was me who started it, however we have picture proof of her) to clogging up a storm in talent shows. She had one birthday at C.P. and they went bowling. I had to work, and was not able to be there, but I wish that would have worked out. As you can see, she also got tagged by the birthday kissing patrol on her birthday-again, I wish I could have been there. Also, the bottom to the right picture shows a bunch of people from our ward. YOu can see Kathleen on the far right, I am on the farther right (right next to her, the part that is cut off). I remember that because this is the first picture that was taken with me next to Kathleen ( a place that I really enjoy). I have always remembered sitting next to her that night.


Finally, some of the birthdays since we have been married. I remember them very well, they are very special days for me as I think about this wonderful person who is my best friend. Anyway, Kathleen I love you. Thank you for being my best friend, and for letting me share your adventures. I hope you like this part of your birthday present. I imagine you will eventually see it, although it may not be for many hours. Happy, Happy Birthday my Kathleen dear.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Kathleen! Love you!

Valine Davis said...

she is a truly amazing person, talent is out of the world. Happy late b-day Kathleen.

Washburns said...

Happy Birthday Kathleen! Even though you're far away and won't get this message until next week - we're thinking about you!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Kathleen!

Amy and Clark said...

A very happy birthday to you, Kathleen! I hope you had a great day!

Scott said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHLEEN!!!!