Monday, January 12, 2009

Caroling + White Elephants + Wonderful Friends = Good Times


The Tuesday before Christmas, we had some friends and their families over to go caroling in our neighborhood. The neighbors really seemded to enjoy it, and even gave the kids candy after we sang classics like "O Christmas Tree" (those are the only words you sing by the way, very Boster style!) "Feliz Navidad" with special hip swishes and sound effects, along with more traditional Christmas-ee choices. It was pretty chilly that night, so when we came back inside there was cocoa and wassel for all, as well as yummy munchies. We did a white elephant exchange with a limit of 1 dollar. Some major creativity was required on the part of everyone. The kids all picked their presents and opened them early, so they could enjoy a movie. The adults had fun with the exchange, especially when stealing got involved, don't worry, it was all in the fun of it! There was a much coveted fuzzy orange hat, some mostly used candles that came with a symphony bar, and a very creative offering of babysitting at the Tessem's house--given by the Birdno's! We really had a wonderful time, and were glad that so many could make it. Thanks for the fun!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Amy said...

Some friends? Some? You guys are so brave to host so many... I mean some... of your friends. We had fun and the BEST thing about this post is that there isn't one picture of me in it! Thanks for that.

Kathleen said...

Really Amy, are you sure? I thought I got everyone at least once, I'll have to go back and add the picture from the Nativity if that's true, it is my favorite, or one of my favorites of you, you know ;)

Amy said...

I don't know what picture you are talking about. You thought I was Jared at one point or the other shepherd. Anyway, good luck finding one!

You really posted a lot of stuff.

Kathleen said...

Amy, sweet Amy, I found you in one of the photos at my house. Look at the ravishing woman in red sitting next to my husband, it's not me, it you! :) :) :)