Sunday, July 20, 2008

More Adventures in Gardening

So, I know I'm probably a big nerd for this, but I love going out to the garden and seeing what we can bring in and put together for dinner, lunch, whatever. I also think the foods are pretty, and I love pretty food. Granted, good tasting food is awesome too, but there's just something about a pretty plate of food . . . Anyway, just some cabobs before they're grilled, salad from the garden, one of the few okra that has matured so far, and gaspacho. I have to admit that the gaspacho was not the favorite for Benjamin and Lily, Grace loved it, but she loves all things tomato, and Jeff really liked it. I just love that it's a cold soup when it's hot outside.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jessica said...

That looks so good! I miss your kabobs! (And your salsa...mmm)

What exactly is okra? How do you eat it?

Jeffery Tessem said...

Okra is a vegetable of the south (actually I think it is of African orgin). Most of the time it is breaded and fried, and it turns out pretty good that way. It is also part of gumbo. We just put it onto a kibab or put it into a stir fry (I am hoping we get enough to make a nice gumbo).

Jenny Bay said...

That food looks so good! Maybe someday we will have a yard and a garden, and then I guess I'll have to learn how to garden...hehe :)