On Thursday, I was busy with frosting for a carrot cake while Grace sat in her chair watching. Usually, the beaters go to Benjamin and Lily, but they were playing in the other room, so Grace and I shared them, something I remember getting to do with my mom growing up. Then, when all the frosting was out of the bowl, I admit I was putting my fingers in it and licking them clean. Grace noticed the process and was mimmicking me with a pretend bowl. So, I gave her the real bowl, and she got the frosting on all of her fingers, and then stuck her trusty thumb in her mouth. Here she is with an actual finger in her mouth, it was pretty cute and she was a little sad when I said "all done." I really wish I would think of things like this more often, those are the moments from my childhood that I treasure, being near my mom while she cooked, and licking the spoon. Pretty simple really.
1 comment:
Gracie is so darling, and you are such a cute mom! I miss you!
Post a Comment