I was recently tagged on the Whitlock's blog. This is what I am required to do
a)Pick up the nearest book.
b)Turn to page 123.
c)Find the 5th sentence.
d)Post sentence.
e)Tag 5 people.
Well, here goes:
a) book is now in hand
b) shish, whipsh cripsh, book
c) ok, first, wow, 2nd sentence, third, fourth, ah here it is
d) "The case of the Jerusalem, artichoke, which is never propagated by seed, and of which consequently new varieties have not been produced, has even been advanced-for it is now as tender as ever it was-as proving that acclimatinisation cannot be effected!"~~The Origin of the Species, Chapter5: Laws of Variation, Charles Darwin

So, a few things that I noticed, I am not sure what the difference is with a Jerusalem artichoke and just plain old artichokes. Second, Mr. Darwin must really have liked them since they were tender as ever (and maybe he had been eating them for many years). Finally, man this guy does not like starting a new sentance, this was the fifth sentence on the page, I think that there may have been seven. I was starting to wonder when his sentences would ever end.
And with that, I go to step e:
e) I tag Scott Tessem, Jessica Tessem, Melinda Jones, Taylor Jones, and Tiffany Benedict (and what the heck Jason Benedict too if he would like:)
3 comments:
Jerusalem artichokes are totally different from regular artichokes. They are a tuburous root. The plant actually resembles a sunflower. And they are delicious! We grew them when I was a kid and we would throw them in the ashes from our bonfires to cook them. They're sweet and starchy and very good w/ a little salt.
Anywho...
ok I will do it.
Ok, I'll do it too.
Post a Comment