Saturday, March 29, 2008


As some of you may have gathered. I like funny things. I like funny words, and I like signs that make me giggle and think of family. So, I have compiled a number of signs that made me laugh on our trip to and from Washington D.C. A number of them were signs for cities, such as Atlee (in homage to my father), Dumfries, Manassas, and Falmouth (your telling me). Also, we saw a Lake Anna (hi Anna!), Caroline County (hi Nanna!), and The General Scott (that is in memory of RISK, if only you could play better). Finally, the sign I like the best of the complete trip is the top right, "Speed Limit Enforced by Aircraft". I have heard of speed limit being monitored by aircraft, but enforcing made me think of bombing or shooting down the speeding car. How surprised I was to find on the road a giant laser gun pointed at the freeway (actually, it turns out to be a church at the Quantico Marine base, but I think a laser gun is a much better idea). Now that would definitely enforce the speed limit by aircraft.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amy said...

I like funny things too! Funny thing... I tagged you! Go to my blog to find the rules!

BTW your DC pictures are great!

Unknown said...

you guys make me laugh...