Monday, September 22, 2008

One stop shopping

We recently had our car into a body shop for some repairs. I don't know much about body shops, but on my run this morning I came across a shop that I think brings together the best of both worlds:

I don't know how many times I have joked with someone who hit a deer while driving asking them if they at least got the meat from the animal. Well, this takes it a step farther. Get hit by a deer, now it can be stuffed in your front yard. A squirrel dive bombs your windshield, now Chip and Dale can live in felicity on your bookshelf. Heck, if you hit an extremely large possum, while it may cause some damage to your vehicle you can now remember it forever as a door stop. So, next time you get hit with an animal, try a one stop shopping environment, because hey, who doesn't need a stuffed deer.

11 comments:

Amy said...

That's hilarious! I wish I had thought of that... not that I would touch dead animals, I'd have to hire that out. Come to think of it, I wouldn't touch dirty cars either. Okay, I changed my mind, I don't wish I had thought of that... that idea has to belong to less prissy people.

Jessica said...

Ha ha, I can't believe that's for real! That's hilarious!

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cindy said...

Hit a deer, get your car and the deer fixed at the same time. Now that's efficient!

And you're right--we all need a stuffed deer!

Cindy said...

oops
I missed that you have comment moderation on. Russ made me go back and comment again. Please please please don't publish both (all three) of my comments and make me look like an idiot!

Jeffery Tessem said...

I did as you asked, I didn't put in all of the comments.

Kendra said...

Wow. That is hilarious! I need to come visit just to see that in person!

Eaton Family said...

You should turn it in to the Jay Leno show. Doesn't he do a segment about things like that. Anyway, fun stuff - I don't think I would like a stuffed praire dog - hate to admit it but I ran over one the other day. Yuck!

Jessica said...

Why yes, I do believe I acquired that shirt from THMDA. It's great to have clothing with such history--although I'm always surprised when Scott gives me one of "his" shirts only to find out it's one of his siblings'. In fact, Troy and I have an ongoing debate over a Grand Canyon shirt I've been wearing for a few yrs.

maggie said...

ran across you blog from looking at the birdno's. glad i did should bring me lots of entertainment relief. talk to ya later!

Cindy said...

Jeff. Thanks for only making me look like a moderate idiot and not a total and complete idiot. What a pal. ;)