Saturday, September 06, 2008

Labor Day fun


On Monday, we got the work done we needed to in the morning so that we could have fun family time in the afternoon. We went to a waterhole on the Eno with some friends and had a relaxing time exploring. Benjamin and Lily looked for crabs, and creatures with the other kids. Grace swam in circles in her life jacket, and even had some forward motion. She's really becoming a dare-devil in the water, which is fun and scary at the same time. Right before we were going to leave, everyone started to skip some rocks. I use the term "we" lightly. Jeff did a great job, and tried to show Benjamin how, I just chucked the rocks across the lake. I was told that getting them all the way across would receive a bonus, so I figured I'd take the shortest route possible. Jeff on the other hand, actually exhibited skill, what's that all about? ;)

Posted by Picasa


After we got home and put our picnic dinner together and had a short rest, we headed over to the music on the Lawn at the American Tobacco Campus with the Turley's. We listened to a fun group full of "F-O-N-K." The event had been rescheduled from the previous Thursday, and that might have been why there were fewer people, and lots of room to groove! Lily made some new friends, and really got down and dirty, literally, the grass was wet and she was doing summersaults and so the result was a lot of mud in her hair and up her back. The kids all really had some amazing moves. You'll have to check out the video and notice their rhythm sans music. Benjamin was a little more shy, but eventually got up and raced across the lawn. Grace enjoyed going back and forth brom blanket to blanket and doing her thing. Labor day is the official unofficial end to summer right? So, we say goodbye summer, farewell fireflies, so long endless days and late nights, until school lets out again we'll have to catch small glimpses of you on the weekends and evenings.

3 comments:

Scott said...

Jeff you've been working out....sexy.

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Jeffereffery! Hope it's fabulous! Love you!

Rushton's said...

Kathleen,
THanks for posting on my blog so that I could find yours! So good to hear from you. I didn't know you were in NC. Last I knew, you guys were still in CO. Your family is so very cute and congrats on the anniversary! I have bookmarked your blog so I can keep updated. Love these blogs. We will keep you posted when our new little one arrives. Lots of Love
Tara Rushton