This morning, I sent Benjamin out to run something to the mulch pile. He came running back in terrified of some creature that was out there. Up to this point, I have only been worried about rabbits and squirrels disturbing the serenity of our garden. Well no more, I have a new fear. An opossum appears to have died climbing the fence to reach our
mulch pile! I think it is totally disgusting, and am secretly hoping that this particular opossum is just really good a playing dead, but I think my hope is in vain! I'm not going to take care of it myself though. I don't care how bad it starts to stink during the day, this one is waiting for Jeffery to get home and save us from the frightening wild creature!
9 comments:
Kat, I read that whole post thinking that you were Jeff, lol. I thought Jeff was scared of the opossum. Good luck with the opossum btw; I think they're really gross!
I ain't afraid of nothin. Except for kumquats, whatever the heck they are~~Jeff
Oh sooo gross. I think it's funny how far back the picture was taken. Kathleen, you must have taken that from your window. It's good to give as much space as possible in case it is playing dead and smells your fear then chases and hisses at you. Yes, best to avoid that possibility all together. Have fun tonight Jeff.
You never know when some toxic vomit or urine or something could come your way from a wild animal. Better safe than sorry I always say. There's not a whole lot a pole, gloves, and a husband can't take care of :)
I should add, a very capable, strong and brave husband at that :)
That is absolutely disgusting and freaky. I admire your decision to wait and let Jeff take care of it. I would do the exact same thing. Heck, I do the same thing for way less freaky things, like spiders and moths. The other day Jonathan was gone and this humongous (sp?) black moth came out of nowhere and I thought it was gonna attack me (I had a bad experience with moths attacking me once) so I locked myself in the bedroom and waited for Jonathan to come home and take care of it. Aren't husbands great? Good luck with the opossum, that is nasty! :)
LOL!!!!!!!!!
I saw my first oposum the other night when one ran in front of my car. I would have run over it if it hadn't been the Sunday school lesson that day on respecting God's creations.
Gross, so, so very gross...Kathleen, I would have done the exact same thing.
-Mel
Post a Comment