This year, for my birthday, I got to have my little sister come to play! Okay, so part of it was to help out and be fun while Jeff was out of the country, but I'm sticking with the fact that she was here just for me and my birthday :) While she was here, we tried to give her a taste of the south, literally and figuratively! We took her to
The BEACH . . .
The BEACH . . .
You might think it looked pretty chilly, and you would definitely be right, but Emma Jeanie got to see a porpoise, and pelicans, and sink her chilly toes in the sand and surf. Lil would most likely have drenched herself completely, but settled for her legs up to her knees. I don't know why, but every time I look at the kids on the beach in their coats, it kind of makes me chuckle. We also took in the aquarium and fishes, so there were some warm times, too.Okay, so I'm adding this after the fact because, hey, why not? After getting home from the beach, I had a wonderful babysitter come over, and Jeanie and I got to go play volleyball at the stake center. It would be nice to say that while we started slow, as the night went on we totally kicked tail, but I think of myself as an honest woman, and that wouldn't be honest AT ALL. Needless to say, we had tons of fun, and developed lots of new bruises on our arms, and when I say OUR arms, I actually mean just mine!
We picked up COOK OUT milk shakes and hush puppies on the way home, it's a staple here, at least every once in a while. During her time here, we also sampled a few of the other local flavors at NOSH and BOJANGLES chicken and biscuits of course :)
Why didn't we go to the beach on the warmest day of the week you might ask? So that Benjamin could show his Pinewood derby skills, that's why! He did great, and had fun with his ultra thin car, just the way he wanted it. This is right after he won his heat. So nice that the Rasmussen's tried to make it so every child was able to experience winning at least one race. Goose was so proud! Way to go bud!
I just have to make another aside here, I refer to Emma Jeane just as so, with an occasional Emma Jeanie, or even just Jeanie. On her phone she says "Emma" so I'm thinking that's what she really goes by. To me she has been and will always be Emma Jeane, one name joined together. I asked her several times what she preferred, and she said she went by both, and it didn't really matter, so I figure people who just know me will know her the same way I do? I wonder if her friends know me as Klakleen? ;)
Sunday morning before Church, we got up "early" and went to the gardens. Thanks for coming to spend time with us Jeanie! We sure enjoyed having you, and people somehow knew we were related, even before you were introduced as my sister, crazy! Love you!
Just have to point out that I used the timer function here in Jeff's absence, and we're even all in it!
For some reason, I find the need to truncate the amount of words I put on each blog-post. I love the option of adding things later with a different color of ink. For some reason, it's a bit liberating! (Thanks for the idea Amy S., even if you didn't know you were the one to inspire it ;) So, if from time to time my posts are a bit wordy, just remember I must have needed an outlet for my thoughts, or just skip past all the script and look at the pretty pictures. Either way works just fine for me :)
4 comments:
I can't believe that volleyball didn't make it on your "top things I did with me sister" blog post. Was it because we didn't with a single one of the ten games we played.
Looks like you guys had a great time. It's always fun when family comes to visit.
That looks like such fun- You are a good host! I need to take lessons from you- I think I'm kind of boring when people come to visit. Could be because I have a really hard time getting up early to do anything?:)
What a fun time! I'm jealous...
You think your blog posts are too wordy? Hmmmm....you must be bored to tears when you read mine! (Or, maybe you just don't read it!)
I love to have my sisters come visit - but I agree with Katie - I need to take lessons from you on how to be a great host!
Post a Comment