Thanksgiving morning was spent relatively relaxed. Jeff took Benjamin and Lily with him to play football, where Jeff had an incident involving himself and another guy, mid-air, and possible rib-cracking, but we think is mostly resolved. . . really. The turkey was in the oven, everything in final preparations, just making sure everyone and their yummy dishes were in our home before we began. The Harmon's, Keller's, Heaton's, Whitlocks, and Paxton's joined us and helped make our Thanksgiving complete and wonderful! With them came sweet potato delicacies, cranberry sauce from scratch, two kinds of greenbean casserole, home-made stuffing with cashews, turkey, mashed potatoes, rolls, bacon wrapped water chestnuts, yummy cheeseball and crackers, and that's just for starters. We also had pickles, gravy, spicy pickled veggies, and great conversation. It was really a wonderful time, but I always get frustrated in the fact that I'm full before I get half-way into my plate! I should really stop tasting everything throughout the day. :) Just out of curiousity, did Eddy take that picture? Nice work!
After the scrumptious supper, it was time for chit-chat and guitar hero, and all the children attacking Matt. I know what you're thinking, Amy and I always dress the same, we call each other before we leave every morning to make sure that we don't clash when we see each other ;) We all were able to eat way more pie than anyone really ever need consume at one sitting, and have plenty of leftovers. Let's see, for dessert there were: two kinds of pumpkin pie, sweet potato, green tomatoe, cherry, cran-apple, apple, pecan, banana cream, rocky road, avocado (can you gues which one?), and a yummy cheesecake. There was also a pumpkin dip with sweet crackers, pumpkin cake, and a pretty trifle. Needless to say, we probably needed more than guitar hero to work off the delicious calories, but it was totally worth it. Thanks for joining us and helping make our Thanksgiving wonderful!
2 comments:
Wow! That looks like so much fun. Wish I could have been there. Oh, wait...I was lucky enough to be there. Thanks for a great holiday. We had a wonderful time and ate far, far too much. Matt attacking all the girls, Eddie photographing himself...good times.
You guys know how to do Thanksgiving! Sounds sooo good! Oh, I finally tried avocado pie this year; I like it!
Post a Comment