
After all the feasting, I really tried to get to bed early and long, but was excited because I knew that in the morning would be time to go SHOPPING! I know, it sounds crazy to be out the door by 4:30 am, just to get to the store and find things that you could probably get at a farely reasonable price three or even four hours later, but there's just something satisfying about getting out in the early morning darkness, and finding that you are not the only crazy person, but that thousands of others are out as well! Amy wasn't sure she was going to go or not, so when I couldn't sleep past four, I took a little more time getting ready, and even read a little bit of a book before heading out the door, only to see a car behind me. At first I thought we hadn't moved our car out of the way, and then I noticed it was Amy and was thrilled! We went and picked up Elise, and our adventure was under way. We hit Walmart, Target, and Kohl's before deciding we were famished. Then, we went to what was probably my favorite part of the morning: Panera Bread for bagels and cocoa. . . mmmm so good! By 8:30 am, we'd accomplished a lot and had wonderful conversation, although I can't say that my mental capacity was very high, it never crossed my mind that I could have had Elise and I go next to Amy so that we could all three have been in the picture, no instead Amy put her hand in the picture while I took it of all "three" of us. Then I took Amy's picture, and she volunteered to take ours. It's amazing how sharp I'm not with little sleep :) We had just one more stop to JoAnns and then it was home again, home again. Thanks for a great morning, and lots of laughs, oh and shopping, too ;)
3 comments:
That was pretty fun. You know, the next time I can't sleep, I'll wait outside your door at 4am with a really bad cup of hot chocolate and wait for you to take me shopping in your shiny van... that's a great plan! I will be my new tradition. It doesn't have to be on Black Friday, does it!
Sounds like a good thing to me, you could always tap on the window to freak me out too, that might be fun ;)
Sounds like fun. I should have braved it and gone out earlier. It is always a fun adventure to head out early.
Post a Comment