Thursday, March 20, 2014

Vegas and Sunshine.

I know that moving is hard. 
I've done it before.
When we moved from Denver to Durham, I remember how I felt like my heart had been ripped out of my chest on many occasions, and physically ached for so very long . . . 

But, somewhere along the years we were in Durham, the pain was replaced with new experiences, wonderful people, laughter and love.  It didn't mean that I didn't love the people and places we experienced in Denver, it just meant that my heart was growing to make room for more. . . 

So, when it came time for us to leave the Durham we loved, I knew it would hurt, and that my heart would break all over again, and the pain would last for a very long time.  I just tried to mentally give myself permission to miss the people I love, and hopefully make space for those who would help my heart grow again . . .

. . . . 

I recently was able to see so many of the wonderful women I love from Durham as we gathered at Kim's house in Las Vegas.  Jeff took some unexpected time off so that I could go, and he could spend the day home with Olivia. {THANK YOU! Ahem.}

The whole experience was just.what.I.needed.  I just didn't know it before going. . . 

*The six hour car ride there that really only seemed like maybe an hour because we just talked, and laughed, and talked . . . 

*Being asked about Jeff's mom and feeling everyone truly listening.

*Telling of Boston


*Learning that having long arms is very beneficial when trying to fit 11 women in one "selfie." 

*walking around a town I don't know at all, and suddenly realizing I really shouldn't be in the lead, because I really don't know where anything is At.ALL.  And actually, being just fine with that.



*So many instances of unashamed silliness by all . . . 






*The most divine buffet I have ever encountered.  Seriously, the polenta and marscarpone cheese dish there might not look like much, but it was ooooooooh sooooo goood!


*Feeling completely at liberty to by myself.  Though really, I don't know who else I could be? 



*I had not realized how much I had felt like my life was overshadowed by clouds before this trip.  But coming home, I felt like a weight was completely lifted off of my shoulders and I could continue in the sunshine.  

*Our drive home, and bursting into tears talking of our last moments in Durham . . . 

***
Thanks for helping my heart grow . . . 

No comments: