Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Reaching.


Livi and I went for a walk to visit a friend today.  She doesn't really hold my hand, she usually holds just my first finger with her whole hand and we go on our way at her pace. We might  pause to watch butter-flies, try to catch a kitty, or say "bye-bye" to cars passing by, or maybe all three at the same time, it just depends on the day.  Today, as she reached up to grab my finger, she grabbed my pinky with one hand and my first finger with the other, and was visibly trying to figure out why they felt different.  I think she was more than a little bit confused. . . but then there were cars passing that needed to be waved at, so the confusion passed.  I know she will not be little long, but I'm hoping she will continue to reach for me, and that I will be able to give her the direction she needs . . .

No comments: