Friday, March 07, 2014

Just a little remembering.

This is one of my favorite pictures. 
I might have shared this story before, at least in part, but I'm okay with that.
When I was about to have our youngest, in North Carolina, we had everything set and ready to go.  Hospital stay scheduled, Nanna on the plane en route . . . older kids taken care of. . .
Then my Mom's flight was delayed, and she wasn't going to be able to make it by the morning, when we needed to head to the hospital.  We were trying to decide what course of action we should take, who should we ask to watch the kiddos?  
Just a few minutes later, this lovely lady knocked on my door, asking if we needed any help?  She stayed with our kiddos, and took them out for fast food (total brownie points!) and was a huge help!

***

Just a few days before saying goodbye to the beautiful south, she walked in through the back screened-in-porch door, and just came in to visit for a little bit.  She just made me feel love:  Love for her and the great, fun activity day leader she had been for Lily, the great neighbor who lived just a few houses down. . .  She is someone who can look you straight in the soul when she smiles in your eyes.  

I will always have Love for this house that was home and will always hold a special place in my heart, along with so very many people that have become a part of who I am. 
Thank You.

No comments: