Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Just Us.


Oddly enough, there are a lot of weddings in August . . . 

Funny how twelve years ago, we thought we'd always have time before school to do something together for our anniversary. . . .

More often than not, we are celebrating with family a NEW marriage . . . 

One huge benefit of being with family for your anniversary?  Wonderful babysitters!!!!!  This year, we took advantage of family(thanks Bestemor and Bestefar!!!) and our time in the mountains, and stayed at The Homestead in Midway, UT.  

I'd never been there, Jeff made all the arrangements and we had a very lovely time.  

I'm pretty sure this is the MOST flattering picture I could find of us swimming in a crater with warm, sometimes bubbly water (the cavern is 65 feet deep, and has scuba divers sometimes . . . )   We didn't really swim, more like bobbed, but it was fun and relaxing . . . 



We spent time listening to a band under the night sky . . . 

. . . eating scrumptious food, 

 Calamari, yum.


. . . finding the BEST HOT CHOCOLATE:
steamed milk and scrumptious chocolate melded together for sweet yumminess in my tummy!


Going hiking a bit . . . 
 (can you say low-landers?  It was kind of sad at how affected we were by the elevation jump, I think I got a headache going on the ski lift.  Remember how we used to live at a mile high?) 
Exploring Deer Park, and Park City


 Making friends with this here froggie . . . 


 Remember how I said it was yummy food? 


Oh, and did I mention it was chilly at night and in the morning?  Delightful.  
Nicely done my Jeffery.  
Happy Anniversary! 

4 comments:

Katie said...

It does seem like you have an awful lot of weddings to go to! That looks like SO much fun- except the crater swimming looks very scary to me...

Lindsay said...

You make me miss home...

Mr Fantastic said...

wow big froggie!

Valine Davis said...

Ah, sweet Love! You both still look great...Happy Late anniversary to you.