Thursday, August 11, 2011

Let them eat cake.

Today, Lil and I made a cake.  

A luscious, chocolate cake.

Topped with perfect chocolate frosting that tasted a bit more like fudge, than frosting. 
Pictures from our day-trip to the beach:  Grace would like to move there, she mentioned the day before
going that I should pull up pictures from when we moved to the beach . . .
I think she meant the last time we went to the beach but, hey nice thought :)

Actually, she made the cake, I made the frosting . . . 

We just had some of it's still-warm-perfect-consistency-yumminess. 
First time being buried in sand.

I cut pieces for the kiddos, and then decided that I would just take a little off the end . . . 

and then a little more. . . .

and a little more . . . 

I have since walked away, and covered said cake with a towel to keep it out of sight. 
First Dilly Bars, yum!  Jeff and I had dipped cones, makes me think of summer softball growing up . . . 

I think this is why we don't make cakes very often:  the ends are hardly ever even . . .

4 comments:

Kerri McMahon said...

Fun fun beach pics..

Katie said...

yep- "I think I'll just straighten up this edge because it's a little crooked...." Glad to know I'm not alone!

Washburns said...

Pack up the cake and bring it west - I'll help you even it up! Mere hours... happy dance!

Lindsay said...

LOVE that first picture! Did you know Lil and Kenz have matching swimming suits?