Set the alarm: 3:30 am
Sleep very soundly from 10:00 pm-11:00 pm, check clock, go back to sleep . . .
Sleep soundly until 12:15pm, check clock, go back to sleep . . .
Wake up at 3:20 am, call it good, get up and ready to go, be completely ready shortly after alarm goes off. . .
Make it to the airport bright and early, excited about the prospects of the day . . .
Fly to Cincinatti, (don't really remember that part, must have caught some snoozers)
Get back on a plane, and fly into . . . DENVER!!!!!!!!
Get off the plane, and smell Denver, funny how I didn't remember Denver having a smell (and no, it wasn't Commerce City I was smelling ;)
Take the lovely tram system to "Departures." Realize I'm on the wrong side. Go to the other side. . .
And see a lovely little red Pontiac with one of my favorite people in the whole world getting out . . . opening the back hatch, acting like we do this this sort of thing ALL the time . . . oh yeah, and then hugging said person REALLY hard. KARA! Oh, how I've missed you! I kept thinking, 'Am I really here? All by myself? Spending nine whole hours? Why yes, yes I am!'
I won't give you the entire play-by-play, but know, this was a good day. Fun to see that some things have changed in the last four years, and that many more are the same, or close to it. I got to meet and hold sweet Kinsley, and see the lovely home of the Washburn's before Kara and I headed out for a bit . . .
We went to Stapleton and joined Michelle for lunch, so good to see her!
Picked up Myla from her best friends house, and stopped in at the Southam's, and while we were there Cheryl Sharp stopped by. Can't you just feel the love from these people? I'm pretty sure Lynn is a professional Granpa, he and LeeAnn had Myla set in toys while we visited and reminisced to our hearts content. . .
I sure do love these people! By evening time, I was starting to get a little bit sleepy, but determined NOT to miss a minute of our time together . . . Myla kept me busy playing the piano, reading stories, and playing games (UNO Moo is such a fun game, especially when you get all green animals ;), she is such a spunky little thing. . .
Thanks for taking time to play while I was in town, and for the lovely dinner, and time. Can't wait 'till we can do it again! (Maybe for a few more hours next time!)
Then, it was off to the airport . . .
To wait through a few delays . . .
Arrive in Boise about 11:30 pm (1:30 my time) . . .
Get pulled over just outside Greenleaf for a tail-light that was out, and not even feel that cringe of fear, you know, the one you get when you see flashing lights in the rear view mirror, 'cause I wasn't driving, and it was my parent's car . . .
Crawl under the covers in my parent's house, 1:30 (3:30 my time) . . .
Sleep.
2 comments:
It was so much fun, like you almost hadn't left - you MUST come back!
Wow, what a great trip! I'm jealous you got to see Kara and her family and the Southams. :) Makes me miss Denver a little.
Post a Comment