Thursday, June 09, 2011

Cooling it.

I think the AC is out in our house again . . .

This happened last year for about a week, and we were able to bare the heat and humidity with fans, little movement, and a small AC unit that helped in the main room.  Really, I don't remember it being THAT bad even with the 90 degree temp. and high humidity . . . but maybe I'm not remembering all that well.

Today, I just felt like I didn't want to make dinner, or do a whole lot of moving, and then I noticed it felt cooler outside. . .

So, we went to the pool and played for a bit, and then out to dinner in our pool clothes, even though we looked like we were in our pool clothes.  We ordered chicken meals and milk shakes to share, and ate outside because we were wet.  Grace was bouncing around more than normal, and might have mentioned that she needed to use the "potty" but we were all eating . . . and I let it go to long, and the inevitable happened: pee.  Good thing we ate outside, and I have a very thoughtful 10-year-old who just happened to have a cup of water, and just happened to take a drink and then "spill" it on the yellowed cement to dilute the evidence.  And we kept eating, and sharing the milk shakes, and enjoying the evening atmosphere outside, where it was cooler than inside our house.

Kind of reminded me of when I was a little girl, and we'd drive into Nyssa to swim in the outside pool with the diving board.  After getting good and tired playing in the water, we'd sit on the grass in a park, eating the yogurt, bananas, and chocolate milk that were a special treat after swimming, something that we didn't have on a regular basis.  And let's face it EVERYTHING tastes better after swimming! I wonder how many times we did this? Or if it was just the one time that I remember vividly?

Maybe, just maybe, we made a memory tonight . . . and maybe it was a good one?

No comments: