Thursday, June 09, 2011

Home Again.



This trip to my childhood home was quite lovely . . . not sure if it was because I only had to worry about taking care of myself, or just because I really enjoyed having time with my parents and family . . . .

Thursday, Spencer and Anna went off to school, and it was just my parents and I, Mom and I went shopping, and visiting ALL DAY LONG :)  In the evening, I put on one of Anna's formal dresses, and her crown {from being prom queen earlier in the year}, and came out to see if she'd notice . . . she was only worried about the crown, ha!  

The sun sets so late into the evening . . .

Love this picture of my  mom riding Goldie.
Friday, Benjamin and Bri made it up REALLY early, and it was fun to meet her and spend time together.  Mom and Anna saddled up the horses, and we took turns riding.  They're both great horse women, I managed to stay on, although I did forget to lean back while galloping down hill, and almost launched off Abby's back, and found some muscles I wasn't aware of, but it was good times . . . 

See the raspberry patch behind us?

 My mom loves to work with the horses.  She'd get one of them running in circles, or following her around, and would abruptly stop and they would mimic her exactly.  I like to pretend that Abby is doing the same in this picture for me, see, we're both looking where we're going to be moving soon, right?  Also, boots are a big help while riding . . . my shins took a beating in my sandals and shorts!
Saturday came and found everyone finally home {almost everyone, Jeff and the kids stayed home, Bethany stayed in Utah,  Jonathan, Jenny and James stayed in Texas, and a couple of Emma Jeanie's roommates joined us}.  The day included Zumba on the wii {decent workout, and fun to see who could stick it out} and the best hot dog I've ever eaten! {tried to see if I could get them in NC, but so far it doesn't look like it.  I'm not a big hot dog fan, but these were GOOD!} Poor Daniel had to tend sickies the whole trip, but did a great job with them as they took turns getting the bug.

We even ventured up to see the high water at the Dam.  When the water gets really high, there is a built in spill-way that looks a lot like the drain in your bathtub-but MUCH bigger.  The water goes down the hole, and shoots out the front of the dam, preventing the water from just rolling over the top of the dam.  Driving up the windy road is always an adventure, and trying to look down the hole a bit surreal, but cool all the same. 

Didn't take long to see the site, and then switch up the cars so the "boys" could all go back home, and the girls run into town really fast for an accessory for Anna's graduation dress: the perfect belt, and then meet back up at a graduation party.  Loved getting to see people I haven't seen in literally years! 

 Sunday, Andrew and Sierra were able to have William blessed.  He is such a cutie, and a lot like his daddy was at three months old:  pudgy!  Before making it to church, I walked the dogs and came back to see Anna in a cute little black and white . . . hey wait a minute, that's MY dress!  He he he  so funny!
I don't know if you can tell, but we were all pretty proud of Anna, and excited to be together.  If only it could have been a little bit longer . . . 

Her graduation lasted I think 33 minutes {someone timed it} and then we were able to spend the afternoon together at another party, and at home.  The young college kids had to go back right after graduation, but everyone else stayed to play until early the following morning.  Joseph, Megan, and Grant gave me a ride to the airport bright and early {about 4:00am} and I got to bond with Grant even more.  I'm totally his favorite, go ahead, ask him ;) 

Love you!

1 comment:

Valine Davis said...

Kathleen so love your family, and miss the crazy funess of them all! Huge warm fuzzy just reading. Great memories of you and yours!