Thursday, July 23, 2009

Gone climbin'

The other day, our neighbors stopped by, inviting us to an event in the neighborhood put on by their church that was for the whole family. We were a little late getting there, but had fun once we did, trying out their rock wall. A first for all of us, it was a lot of fun, and everyone did great.
I loved how Benjamin and Lily could make it up the wall so well. They were both a little worried about the height factor, check out that reach.

I just had to point out that the middle was the "hard" part. I think I could get into rock climbing, as long as safety equipment was heavily involved. I made it to the top and rang the bell, and only after getting back on the ground noticed that my fingers were sore. I wasn't expecting finger pain.

I think Jeff broke the day's record up the wall in 24 seconds. He still remembers that over a week after, kind of funny eh? Way to go Jeff!

They had popsicles, and not just any popsicles, locopops! The kiddos love locopops, so it was an added bonus they were included in the activity. Thanks for the invite!

1 comment:

Washburns said...

You know, to really rock climb you should come back to some real mountains... just kidding! Looks like fun!