Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Blueberries - - -

The other day, we went and picked blueberries.

I'd like to say the kiddos helped a lot in filling the container with the different kinds of berries, even though they picked a lot, not too many made it home. ;)

We'd never picked blueberries, and spent a lot of the day just snacking on them. I decided that we'd have blueberry pancakes for dinner.

Something happens to the mild flavor of fresh blueberries when they're added to pancakes . . .

magical sweetness that everyone in the family enjoyed, even though it was dinnertime ;)

4 comments:

Jenny Bay said...

Have you ever read the childrens book "Blueberries for Sal"? It's one of my favorites!

Love you guys!

Kathleen said...

I have, I think it's one of the reasons I want to visit Maine someday . . . we didn't run into any bears this time though ;)

Melinda Jones said...

Oh man, that looks delicious! I love anything with blueberries. You have inspired me to go pick some myself!

Jason, Tiffany, and the Crew said...

YUMMY! Do you have any leftovers? If so I'm on my way! :) love ya! Tiffany