Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The little things. . .

Thismorning, everyone was fed and ready for school, and there was music on, and the girls wanted to dance. Jeff danced with Lily, and I danced with Goose, and I found myself wanting to freeze time and keep the mental picture in focus for just a little while longer. Grace and I spun and spun, then rocked back and forth and she put her head on my shoulder and I got to cuddle with my baby for a few calm unexpected quiet minutes, and found myself misty eyed, hoping no one noticed. Sigh.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, what a perfectly enchanting morning. I will not share mine for fear of ruining it for you. Thanks for sharing yours!

Valine Davis said...

I love your picture. You kids are just beautiful. How old is your youngest?

Kathleen said...

She's two, hard to believe!

Scott said...

I see that the girls have learned Jeffs old moves

Cindy said...

I call those the shampoo commercial moments...sigh...