Monday, November 12, 2007

Dinner in a pumpkin



Some friends had us over this week, and they served us "Dinner in a pumpkin". It was really good, and so I have tried to find a recipe for it. They told me it was from mormonchic.com , so I hope that I found the right one:


DINNER IN A PUMPKIN
Clean out 1 medium pumpkin big enough to hold 4-5 cups.

Sauté 1 onion in 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.

Brown 1-1/2 - 2 lbs. hamburger meat, drain.

Add:2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 (4 oz.) can sliced mushrooms
1 (10-3/4 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
1-1/2 cup cooked rice1 (8 oz.) can sliced water chestnuts.

Place inside pumpkin and cook on a cookie sheet at 350°F oven until pumpkin is tender, about 1 - 1-1/2 hours. To test tenderness, a knife will insert easily into the pumpkin.
Recipe from Melanie, Wakarusa Valley Ward, Topeka, KS Stake.

Try it, it is good

2 comments:

jkruppe said...

Looks like you guys are doing great while our ward continues to completely disintegrate...lol

Anyway...glad you're all doing well, but that pumpkin recipe looks truly awful...lol.

Take care, JK

Scott said...

I need to learn how to do that!