Sunday, May 10, 2015

Tell Me a Story . . .


Today I had the primary children sing:

Mother Tell Me the Story That I Love to Hear, 
Tell me of Heaven and why I came here.
Mother Tell how you love me, and gently speak
and then I'll go to sleep.

I got to thinking about things that I learned from MY mother:

A Love of Reading and Learning:
Before bed on many a night, she would read us books, chapters at a time.  I remember going in to listen to her read and be close, even when I was not the target audience.  The stories came alive through her calm, and comforting words.

A Love of Music
She would begin playing the piano, and sometimes we would just listen as we were going to bed, and more often than not, we would trickle in to sing together, or grab an instrument or two and harmonize together with the music she started.

A Love for the outdoors and hard work
Sunrise to sunset, (and sometimes a little bit longer) in the summer were mostly spent outside.  Working in the garden, changing hand lines, taking care of the animals, fixing things around the farm.  I learned to see the beauty around me as we worked, and continue to feel that connection to God's creations as I am outside working in my own yard and garden.

A Love for tiny babies
We were always excited to see a new member of the family join our home growing up.  I have learned to cherish every moment with my little ones, because I know it all goes so fast.  They get big So. Very. Fast.

So, really, I learned to LOVE from my Mother.  Hope your day is Extra special Mom. 
Happy Mother's Day

No comments: