Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Three.

In May, 
we celebrated having this little one as a member of our family for three years.

Three years full of our Bubby's silly faces, 
cheerful attitude,
bubbly morning smiles and cuddles,
as well as her unique brand of determination.
 She woke up, just knowing we would go to the Bakery.  After dropping kiddos off at school, we did go to the bakery, but not for the whole cake, just for her choice of baked good.  I did make her cupcakes.
 She requested pink.
So, I used a white cake recipe, and added a spoonful of strawberry jam in the middle before baking, and some strawberry jam to the frosting for flavor and color.  I thought they turned out pretty well, {even if as I was getting them ready to go in the oven she thought she wanted blue, sorry little one, this course was too far to switch back!}
 This did not actually happen on her Birthday, but near the day.  I thought it fit her perfectly.  
Any time she sees a puddle, she would love nothing better than to pause, and pounce in it for as long as possible. 
Her daddy went out with her on one of our more wet spring days, and let her jump, and jump, until she was completely soaked.  
The umbrella was really more for balance, and the type of coat and shoes were just so they could get all the more soaked, but oh, was she tickled!

She had a friend over to play during the day, and family joined us at night.  She made sure everyone had their party hats on, and requested chicken and rice for dinner.  We added a few more things to the menu, but that was her day.  We sure love you Bubbs.
So glad you joined our family.

No comments: