I need to clean the house, run errands, and be Mommy to my little one before the kiddos get home, but I wanted to update a little of our "normal" life. Don't worry, I'll get to our house at some point . . .
***
Monday night, we finally hiked the "Y"
I say finally, because Grace has been wanting to get to the top since I brought it up soon after we made it into Utah. Monday evening, the skies were blue, the weather was a bit crisp but lovely, so after Jeff got home, we quickly ate and jumped in the car to make our way up.
There are several switch backs, and I think by the first one, Goosey was asking if we were there? Nope, but definitely on our way! I love how tightly Olivia is holding on to her Daddy's arm. I think she might have been a little bit worried from time to time with the height.
but I'm pretty sure she enjoyed it over all . . .
Did you know there are Tarantulas in Utah? I didn't either! But look closely next to Lily's foot, and you'll be able to see his not-so-little legs and body. Makes my skin crawl a little bit, but for some reason, the smaller big-bodied-always-around-house-spiders freak me out a bit more.
We made it almost to the top, when we felt like we were losing the light, and better head back down soon. This one just makes me smile.
Can you see the lights near the lower left side close to the lake? Our house is pretty close to that area. Beautiful view. On the way down Jeff had Livy and the camera, so I didn't get a picture of her falling asleep protected on his shoulder. Pretty sweet. I was doing my best not to slip while continuing to hold Grace's hand (which she kept telling me that I had sweaty hands, hmmmm) Benjamin and Lily were way out in front the whole time,and I don't remember hearing any complaining from them, just determination to reach the top. Lily also wanted us all to spell out her name and use the "Y" for the last letter. I think we decided we weren't quite big enough, but good idea ;)
Once we made it down, we took the kids to the "original" creamery. Funny how it's not at all how it was when I worked there: completely new building, set up, and buildings around it. That being said, the ice cream was still fantastic, and my mouth looks full here because it was. I was trying to get a few bites in while sharing with Olivia. I'm thinking we will be needing to get her one of her own next time.
2 comments:
I love it! Fantastic pictures too.
So fun.
Post a Comment