Monday, September 23, 2013

Further North and West . . .

After spending a couple days in Utah, checking out our prospective house, getting a feel for what could be our future home, we jumped back in the car and headed North to spend time with my parents and *hopefully help get ready for Emma Jeanie's wedding the following week.  




David and Emma Jeane had been staying with my parents to help get everything done, so we helped around the house, and tried to make ourselves as useful as possible.  We also were able to enjoy some personal time with Nanna and Grandy, including some riding lessons for the kids.


Grace absolutely loves horses, but has been known to be affraid of them when she is given the chance to spend time near them.  I was more than delighted when she was excited and spent time on Abby (that is this horse's name in case you were wondering). I also love that she looks like my Mom.  

 Many musical moments happened through the time we were together, and I really enjoyed playing with Rebecca, even if not many other people knew we were playing together.  

***
The night before they got married, we enjoyed a great reception for these two.  We enjoyed dancing, and seeing old friends, as well as tasty rice crispy treats (Jeanie's favorite) as well as purple and orange cows.  Very clever don't you think?  Sorry, I guess we didn't really take any pictures that night.  Must have been having too much fun together :)
 There were late nights visiting, preparing, singing, and enjoying each other's company.  And then we were all together at the Boise, Idaho Temple, rejoicing together as these two were sealed for Time and all Eternity. 
 Believe it or not, we are all in this photo!  Hasn't happened in many years, and won't happen again for a couple more, since Spencer is now serving a mission in Las Vegas, but we enjoyed any time we could all be together.  Don't you love how very *ahem* formal we are? :)

This is Anna, my youngest sister, isn't she adorable?  I had to include this not-so-subtle-photo-bomb brought to you by Benjamajor.  I  don't think Anna had any idea he was even around.  Makes me chuckle.
 All 13 Originals . . . 
 . . . and our spouses (if we have them :)
 Gorgeous Jeanie!  
Going to take a bit of getting used to . . . being so close to so much family!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Every time you write about your family I think, "Oh- so THIS is where all her amazingness comes from!" Thought of you last weekend while we did our ragnar...was thinking the whole time, Kathleen would be so much fun on something like this!

Lindsay said...

that first picture is so stunning! I agree with Katie - your family really does sound so amazing. I miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Your family is awesome. Awww. I'm so glad you're my friend!