Long story short: We decided to celebrate Grandy turning 60 on Nanna's 57th birthday, but not before spending some time together:
*Fishing on the river
*Skipping rocks
*Spending time with animals (Nanna and Anna are quite the horse-women)
*Giving Nanna a book that Emma Jeanie compiled of Boster family memories. (She didn't know this was happening, and was very sweet. We all (or most) contributed pictures and memories that brought many happy tears)
*Running with my brothers (with LOTS of wind, doesn't seem so bad until you go out and turn around to gale force winds on the way back!)
*Matching Attire.
We were all having fun posing, and decided how we were going to surprise Grandy as he was outside preparing a bonfire for 'smores. We *might* have been taking longer than he thought we should be, and soon we heard him pulling up his truck to the back door. As he opened the door, I loved the tired, dissappointed look on his face that quickly changed to delight. He actually had no idea we were celebrating him! Quite a big deal, since it's pretty hard to talk to my Mom without also catching my Dad, not normally a bad thing, just if you are trying to plan something to surprise him! We all pitched in and got him an ipad. Totally the right gift for my Dad. He started playing with it immediately, but then we all did head out for 'smores.
*Gazed at the bright blue sky, counted the vast blanket of stars (oh, how I miss those stars sometimes!)
*Went through the temple with Emma Jeanie!
Okay, so a couple of my favorite moments happened here. At one point, Bethany leaned over to me, and whispered, "My sock gave up." And then showed me her right ankle, around which her white knee high was gathered in earnest. Soooooo funny!
Also, Jonathan and Jenny were not able to make it up this trip, with a new baby almost here, and Jonathan needing to study for his boards. But, one of Jenny's Aunts noticed the Boster family name was going to be present, and thought she would see if we were the Boster's she thought we were. She went up to my mom and asked if she was Jonathan's Mom? To which my Mom replied, "No, it's for Emma Jeane" Again the Aunt asked, "Are you Jonathan's Mom?" Mom: "Jonathan who?" At which point I reached over and tapped my mom on the knee and replied, "Yes, she is Jonathan's Mom . . . " Mom thought she was asking if Jonathan was going through the temple, rather than Jeanie. Trust me, Hi.lar.i.ous!!!!! (Yes, Jonathan, we all know and love you ;)
*The young Aunties and Uncle were privileged to watch all the littles, included Olivia who doesn't normally do very well with people who are not in her immediate family. . . let alone being left for about five hours . . . they did great, but she was definitely ready to have me back, and watched to make sure I stayed pretty close thereafter.

*Heard Andrew give a beautiful blessing on Jacob, and then rushed to my parents' ward to do the musical number, "I Know that My Redeemer Lives"
*Nanna made Cafe Rio burritos, sooooooooooo good!
*Took a family picture with an authentic old-school fire truck as a prop.
*Went shopping with my sisters :)
*Bought matching shoes with my Mom.
*Livi-Lu learned to go up the stairs with help from Grandy.
*Said a sad good bye to my parents and siblings very early in the morning before heading back to NC. It's always harder for me to say goodbye when I don't have the next time I will see family in mind. I know we jokingly said that no one else could get married or have anything too important happen this year, but I think I changed my mind. Go ahead, let me know, then I HAVE to come out sooner than later, right? :)
*Brought my 3/4 violin home from when I was a little girl for Lily to use (have to spruce it up a bit, but excited to see if it will work for her). Jeff and the girls came into the airport to get me, good to see my family again. I know Jeff had a very busy week, and had help from some great friends who even went as far as getting the girls' hair done for church on Sunday so he didn't have to worry about it! And got kiddos to school in the morning when Jeff had to be off to teach earlier than they did. (Thanks Rachel and Linda!)
I think we're getting back in the swing of things.


2 comments:
1. Hearing about your trips to visit family is like hearing about a trip to India...so many people, matching t-shirts, so exotic! really:)
2. Your girls hair- is SO INCREDIBLY GORGEOUS, who wouldn't want to play with it? Seriously...if you ever fall on hard times, you should hire Lily out as a hair model...
Thanks for the play-by-play since we couldn't be there!!! :) Miss you guys!
Post a Comment