What? You've been missing hearing from us haven't you? Well, if not, just pretend you have!
Do you see her little teethers in her mouth? *Love*
The kiddos in all their holiday finery at some point earlier this year :)
Life has just been moving along, busy, busy. Today, I get to stay home with my two littlees. Grace has had a fever the past couple of days, and I think she might just be on the mend, but we didn't want to expose anyone unnecessarily, so, we're playing hookie from church, (shhhhhhh)
............
My little Goose has turned 6 whole years old.
She let us know that she wanted breakfast in bed:
Macaroni and cheese, along with clementines. Doesn't that sound like a lovely breakfast to you? No? Well, it was her request, and her birthday, and Mac and Cheese just happens to be her favorite meal ever. If we go a week without having it, she lets me know, "you know, we haven't had Macaroni and cheese for a while . . . " in her sweetest don't-you-think-maybe-we-should-fix-that-problem?-voice.
. . . .
We spent the morning at a ward function, and she played with friends through the afternoon, so I think it was a happy day?
. . . .
For dinner: Hot dogs, salad (with ranch dressing of course)
. . . oh, and lots and lots of ketchup and mustard. Grandy would be proud, they are both of the mind to "put ketchup on {their} ketchup" Personally, I don't really like the stuff at all, but that's love right? Having ketchup in the house?
. . . .
And for dessert, she requested a chocolate cake with strawberry frosting and a princess on top.
Hmm, strawberry frosting in January . . .
I got some of the berries we picked out of the freezer, whipped up some cream, purreed the berries, and combined the two. The cake was from scratch (with a few modifications {hot cocoa in place of coffee}The result might not be as fabulous looking as you might think, but Jeff and I both thought we'd have just one piece . . . then we all had that one piece and decided we needed more . . . Let's just say there was only one more piece left for Grace to finish off with her lunch the next day. Sooooooooooo goood!
Just like our Goose.
Please notice her fabulous boots and purse which she wore on an outing we had together, fa.bu.lous! {although this same outing I decided I wasn't going to put on make-up, because I didn't feel like it ;}
3 comments:
Oh, happy birthday, Gracie!
LOVE your sweet kids and miss them so much!!!! My favorite was the pic of them in their holiday finery- the look on Lily's face! When are you going to come west?:)
We missed you at church on Sunday...but I totally took over Lily (or she totally took over Miriam). Either way Lily was totally helpful in sacrament meeting (Andrew was on the stand and Benjamin was sleeping (my Benjamin, not yours) so it was nice to have someone there to take Miriam to go get a drink (which she needed SO DESPERATELY)). I totally lost track of my parentheticals. Whatevs.
Hope Grace starts feeling better soon and that no one else catches it. Looks like she had a fabulous birthday!
Post a Comment