Yesterday, I got up and looked out my windows, and realized how much I really did NOT like my window treatments. I've known it for a long time, but something just clicked yesterday. Jeffery got home from taking our boy to his piano lessons to see me working on taking the hardware off the walls, and grabbed his power tool to make the job go even quicker. I washed the windows, and enjoyed the fresh rays of sunshine that poured in my home.
I went with all white on the windows I chose to cover, and am leaving some of them *neck-ed, and I'm just fine with that. (This also inspired a more thorough cleaning of the porch, because it's much more visible from inside now that the windows are wide open.)
My favorite feature: This little piece of sunshine and blue skies that greats me in the kitchen, somewhere I happen to spend a decent amount of time. I chose to leave the top of the window exposed instead of the bottom. I can imagine I am surrounded by acres of open space, and feel the heat of the sun, even though it's quite chilly outside . . . (and not just NC chilly, it's in the 30's I do believe).


1 comment:
Can't wait to see it!
Post a Comment