Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Confession.

I enjoy baking.
Cooking.
Creating with edible ingredients.
I like to find a challenging, new, or different recipe and see how it turns out.
I love the smells wafting through my kitchen, down the hall, and lingering in the far corners of our house long after the dishes have been cleared.
 Rosette cookies with homemade vanilla ice cream.
Some recipes are their own reward, and others present quite a challenge. (We originally thought we might make these pretty pinwheels to take to people as treats, right up until even after the second attempt in two days, we struggled to get eleven that were pretty enough to take to an activity.)

 Gingerbread Waffles with cranberry sauce and Norwegian Meatballs.

Some make excellent use of Holiday left overs, and might even start a new tradition.


Some are taken into classes to be used in a craft because the store bought version were just going to be disgusting, and the teacher said I could . . . 

 Cinnamon Pumpkin Pull apart bread

This was very eye opening, I didn't know it was possible to do this with a yeast bread, let alone a yeast bread made with pumpkin.  Also, the first bread I made after getting my kitchen aid.  Totally makes me feel like a gourmet cook!

 This pull apart bread was with apples and cinnamon, same idea, more rustic ingredients.

 Cinnamon buns with extra filling to make them nice and gooey.

Brownies NOT from a box, but still managed to have the box texture:  that illusive thin top layer that I haven't been able to achieve before.  The recipe was from the Cookie Bible, and I'm not sure I should really make it again. . . because I would eat them.

Basically I'm saying I enjoy making sweets/carbs/baked goods . . . but I try not to let myself eat as much of them as I'd really like to.  So. . . next time I make something, anyone want to help get rid of it quickly?

all photos from cell phone. :)

2 comments:

Washburns said...

I want to! Pick me! I would always like to eat the yummy treats you cook up! ;)

Lindsay said...

For some strange reason, I'm craving something sweet... :)