I remember the feeling of pure excitement as a child at Christmas time. I would count down the number of nights left that I had to sleep, before Christmas Eve knowing full well that I wouldn't be able to sleep very much at all that night, and I was okay with that.
I knew, if I could just sleep a little bit, long enough for the magic to happen, I could sneak out to the living room, where the lights and music played softly all night long.
Then, I would listen to the music, watch the tree and lights, and soak in the magic that is Christmas:
Music, Family, Thinking of the Savior, Christmas stories new and old. . .
This year, peace of the season has been a bit more illusive. I'm not really sure why. I've probably been too busy, and focused on getting things done and taken care of, checking them off my internal list. I helped out in Lily's class today for their Holiday party. I read them Christmas Oranges, and remembered how much I loved the simplicity of the story, and started to feel the calm. I also finished several of the things I needed to which brought it's own relief.
So, have you felt that Christmas feeling yet?
2 comments:
This year has been tough for me to feel it, too. Maybe it's the 70 degree temperature? :)
That last picture is DARLING. :)
Post a Comment