Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Doing things.
Once upon a time, we used to go and explore new places at least a few times a month, sometimes weekly. Then, our kids got older, our lives became more busy, and the time to just be together exploring dramatically decreased.
Last Saturday, we took a small page from our "used to do all the time" book and went to the North Carolina Art Museum. Just because.
We looked.
Paused.
Pondered.
Quandered.
Cultured?
The grounds themselves are quite lovely, and quite large. I thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon, and the feeling of being together as a family, just for the sake of being together. We did notice that we had missed an entire building of exploration, but only AFTER we left. That just means that we have another day {or more} to go back and see more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Isn't it so relaxing there? I used to go sometimes for school papers, and I even remember nursing baby Eric there once...there's just something about it that feels peaceful. Did you go to the new part? I never did get to see that but I heard it's really nice.
Post a Comment